Welcome to your first look at what’s set to hit Netflix in April 2022 in the US. Below, we’ll list all the new movies and shows coming soon to the service.
As always, you’ll want to keep an eye out for drops slated for April 2022. Among the big drops slated so far are a collection of Pokemon titles and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
What’s Coming to Netflix Daily in April 2022
This is the first time we’ve done a daily section!
- Trivia Quest (Season 1) NOT – New episodes from April 1 to April 30 with daily quizzes of 24 questions each.
What’s New on Netflix Weekly in April 2022
- Tomorrow (Season 1) NOT – New weekly episodes starting April 1 – A half-human, half-spirit young man is tasked with carrying out special missions.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 1st
- Abby Hatcher (Season 2) – Animated series for children.
- Apollo 10 1/2: A Childhood in the Space Age (2022) NOT – Hybrid animated film about the historic moon landing in 1969 from the perspective of a young boy. From filmmaker Richard Linklater.
- Argo (2012) – Thriller biopic about a CIA agent posing as a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a sci-fi movie in Tehran. Winner of 3 Oscars and frequent Netflix comer and go.
- Battle: Freestyle (Season 1) NOT – Norwegian rap & hip-hop teen movie.
- Beyblade: Burst Surge (Season 1) – Beyblade anime series aired between 2020 and 2021.
- Captain Nova (2022) NOT – Dutch sci-fi family film similar to Lost in Space about a fighter pilot transforming into her younger self.
- Celeb Five: Behind the Curtain (2022) NOT – A “fake-VCR” style comedy following the comedians’ private discussions filled with skits, bits and improvisation.
- Always out of my league / Semper più bello (2022) NOT – Italian romantic comedy.
- Get Organized with The Home Edit (Season 2) NOT – Reece Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine returns for more home organization in this reality series.
- Heartland (Season 14) – The Canadian feel-good series based on the YA novels is finally heading to Netflix US.
- How to Train Your Dragon (2010) – Dreamworks animated film about a hapless young Viking aspiring to hunt dragons but instead befriends one.
- Oddbods (Season 3) – Animated series for children.
- Pedro l’escamoso (Season 1) – Colombian telenovela series with more than 300 episodes.
- Polly Pocket (Season 5) – Animated series for children.
- Rurouni Kenshin (2012) – A Japanese action movie about a former assassin who decided never to kill again put his vow to the test.
- Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter (2010) – Shrek is going through a midlife crisis in this epic final episode of Shrek.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) – Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law star in WB’s second major Sherlock Holmes live-action film directed by Guy Ritchie.
- The Blind Side (2009) – Oscar-winning sports biopic directed by John Lee Hancock telling the story of Michael Oher. Sandra Bullock is the star.
- The Bubble (2022) NOT – Comedy directed by Judd Apatow about a group of actors and actresses stuck in a pandemic bubble in a hotel trying to complete a sequel to an action movie franchise about flying dinosaurs.
- The Last Bus (Season 1) NOT – Sci-fi adventure on the road telling the story of a group of mismatched school kids who band together to face a fearsome new artificial intelligence.
- The Rental (2020) – Horror Mystery from IFC Films. About two couples rent a vacation home for a weekend getaway. With Dan Stevens, Alison Brie, Shiela Vand and Jeremy Allen White.
- Tiger and Rabbit: The Beginning (2012) – Set on an alternate Earth, the superheroes are celebrities and a high-profile TV show evaluates their accomplishments, awarding them points until an annual King of Heroes is crowned.
- Tiger & Bunny: The Rising (2014) – The animated film picks up after the events of the Maverick incident.
- Welcome to Eden (Season 1) NOT – Spanish science fiction drama series.
- Welcome to Waikiki (Season 1) – South Korean comedy sitcom.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 4
- Better Call Saul (Season 5) – After two years of waiting, we will see the final season of Better Call Saul before the final season airs in late April on AMC.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 5
- Black Dog: Being a Teacher (Season 1) — tvN K-Drama about a temp teacher settling into her new job.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 6
- Furioza (2022) NOT – Polish action-adventure film about a policewoman making her ex-boyfriend an offer for his brother’s freedom.
- Michela Giraud: The truth, I swear! (2022) NOT – Stand-up special recorded in Rome.
- Palpito (Season 1) NOT – A new telenovela in Spanish.
- The Ultimatum: Get Married or Move On (Season 1) NOT – From the creators of Love is Blind comes another reality TV series that sees six different couples approaching marriage putting their relationships to the test.
What’s New on Netflix April 7
- Deck the Halls (2006) – Danny DeVito stars in this Christmas movie.
- Queen of the South (Season 5) – The final season of the USA Network series about setting up the drug empire by Teresa Mendoza.
What’s New on Netflix April 8
- Dance on Glass (2022) NOT – Spanish drama about a suicide, a jealous dance company and an obsessive relationship. With Maria Pedraza.
- Dirty Lines (Season 1) NOT – Dutch mini-series set in 1980s Amsterdam where the first erotic phone numbers were created.
- Elite (Season 5) NOT – The Spanish teen drama returns for another season and will also return for a sixth.
- Green Eggs and Ham (Season 2) NOT – The second season of this animated series sees “Guy” and “Sam” venture on a road trip to rescue an endangered animal from a faraway zoo.
- Metal Lords (2022) NOT – Comedy written by DB Weiss from Game of Thrones about two kids who start a metal band.
- Tiger and Rabbit (Season 2) NOT – The first 13 episodes of the Japanese anime series.
- Yaksha: Ruthless Operations (2022) NOT – Korean spy thriller.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 10
- The Call (2013) – Halle Berry stars in this thriller about a 911 operator working on the phone with an abducted teenager to catch a serial killer.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 12
- Hard Cell (Season 1) NOT – British actress Catherine Tate will play several characters in this series of mockumentaries set in a prison.
- The Creature Cases (Season 1) NOT – From the creator of the Octonauts, a new animated series follows Sam Snow and Kit Casey solving mysteries.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 13
- Almost Happy (Season 2) NOT – Argentine comedy series.
- Our Great National Parks (Season 1) NOT – Five-part nature documentary series narrated by Barack Obama.
- Stepmother (Season 1) NOT – Portuguese comedy sitcom.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 14
- Ultraman (Season 2) NOT – The Japanese sci-fi anime series returns for a long-awaited second season (the first arrived in April 2019).
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 15
- Anatomy of a Scandal (Limited Series) NOT – A new courtroom drama series from David E. Kelley who’s behind big little lies and Melissa James Gibson who is behind Card castle.
- Choose or Die (2022) NOT – Horror movie starring Asa Butterfield from Sex Education.
- Heirs of the Earth (Season 1) NOT – Drama of the Spanish period based on a book.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 16
- Ouija board: the origin of evil (2016) – Horror film set in 1960s California. About a fake psychic, some girls try to communicate with her late father.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 20
- Russian Doll (Season 2) NOT – Long-awaited follow-up series to the time loop series starring Natasha Lyonne.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 21
- He’s Waiting (Season 1) NOT – Japanese comedy-drama from TV Tokyo.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 22
- On the way for the ride (2022) NOT – Romantic drama based on the novel by Sarah Dessen. With Emma Pasarow and Andie MacDowell.
- Favorite (Season 1) NOT – Based on the book by Alice Oseman, this British LGBTQ coming-of-age drama.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 27
- Komi can’t communicate (season 2) NOT – New episodes of the anime series.
- Siege of Silverton (2022) NOT -Action movie based on the true story of a bank held hostage after an anti-apartheid strike goes awry and rebels are forced to take refuge there.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 28
- Bubble (2022) NOT – Japanese animated film by director Tetsurô Araki.
What’s Coming to Netflix on April 29
- Honeymoon with my mother (2022) NOT – Comedy in Spanish.
- Ozark (Season 4 – Part 2) NOT – The last half of Ozark’s final season. It’s one of Netflix’s biggest shows to date and will no doubt come out with a bang.
What are you looking forward to watching on Netflix in the US in April 2022? Let us know in the comments below.
Want to see further? Check out all the Netflix Originals coming in May 2022 here.