signs agreements for four companies (Conroe, TX, Plantation, Florida, Temecula, California, WellingtonFL) and two franchisees (Midland, Michigan, Saginaw, MI) Restaurants
AVENTURA, Florida., March 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Benihana Inc., the nation’s leading Japanese sushi and teppanyaki restaurant owner and operator, today announced that it has signed agreements to open five new Benihana restaurants and one RA Sushi restaurant. The details for each restaurant are as follows:
- A new Benihana restaurant is planned for Conroe, TXjust south of Houston in the Teas Crossing Mall at 3061 Interstate 45 North, replacing the former Japanese steakhouse Wild Ginger. Benihana Conroe will span 7,000 square feet with 17 teppanyaki tables, a full-service sushi bar, and dedicated take-out and delivery space.
- A new Benihana restaurant is planned for Temecula, California in Riverside County, just south of Interstates 15 and 215 at the intersection of Winchester Road and Ynez Road near the Temecula Promenade Mall. The Benihana Temecula restaurant will span over 8,000 square feet with 18 tables, a full-service sushi bar, and dedicated take-out and delivery space.
- A new Benihana restaurant is planned for WellingtonFL in Palm Beach Countyon South State Road 7. Benihana Wellington will span over 8,600 square feet with 19 tables, a full-service sushi bar and dedicated take-out and delivery space.
- Two new franchised Benihana restaurants are planned Midland and Saginaw, MI. Genji Inc. will transition Genji Midland located at 2929 S. Saginaw Road to Midland and Genji Saginaw located at 3870 Bay Road in Saginaw at restaurants in Benihana. Both Benihana restaurants are scheduled to open in fall 2022. Benihana Midland will be over 6,800 square feet with 12 Teppanyaki tables and Benihana Saginaw will be over 9,100 square feet with 16 Teppanyaki tables.
- A new RA Sushi restaurant is planned for Plantation, Florida in Plantation Walk at 333 North University Drive. The RA Sushi Restaurant will span over 3,800 square feet with 34 tables, a full-service sushi bar and dedicated take-out and delivery space.
These new restaurants are part of the strategic plan announced in early 2020, centered on four key growth initiatives, including:
- Development of new Benihana and RA Sushi restaurants in the United States;
- Select US acquisitions;
- Select the development of franchises in the United States;
- Development of the international franchise in the Caribbean, central America and South America.
For more than half a century, Benihana restaurants have been providing customers with high-quality Japanese cuisine served in a fun and engaging teppanyaki experience. Benihana has nearly 90% brand recognition nationwide and attracts a steady and growing customer base, with over 15 million customers served annually across 103 locations. This enduring popularity has spurred the development of valuable partnerships, including Benihana frozen food products with KraftHeinz and locations at select entertainment and sports venues such as Yankee Stadium (BronxNY), Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Dolphins), T-Mobile Center (Kansas City), Dignity Health Sports Park (LA Galaxy) and The Footprint Center (Phoenix Suns). The impressive growth of the Benihana and RA Sushi brands resulted in record revenues and industry-leading comparable store sales in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and most recently in 2021.
“We strive to create great memories for our customers and are excited to continue executing our growth plan with the addition of these six new restaurants this fall/winter,” said Tom Baudouin, managing director and president of Benihana. “All six markets are doing very well for our current restaurants in Houston, South Florida, Detroit Metro and Southern California. We are still working on new locations for our Benihana and RA Sushi brands across the United States. These are exciting times for our company as we aggressively pursue many new opportunities for growth. »
About Benihana Inc. Benihana, through its subsidiaries, is Japan’s leading nationwide operator of teppanyaki and sushi restaurants with over 100 restaurants operating under the BENIHANA®, RA SUSHI® and SAMURAI® brands, including BENIHANA franchise restaurants in the States. United, the Caribbean, central Americaand South America.
Jeannie means / jmeans@Benihana.com
SOURCE Benihana Inc.